Friday, July 2, 2021

Heartbreak... 

"Noeh...Going Home" (acrylic, 12x24")

Sometimes the sadness takes over.  Sometimes the agony is so strong that it can destroy a person.  This tragic loss of an innocent child at the tender age of 3 just broke my heart.  I was brought to tears when I read that the first-born of a long-time acquaintance was found lifeless one March morning.  Rightfully so, his parents are still reeling from the loss.  My heart goes out to them.  I saw a photo of the dad, Luis, tossing his little boy in the air.  It was posted by the mom, Michelle, as part of her tribute to her wonderful husband and father of Noeh.  It broke me!  I was compelled to paint that image... with all its interpretations.  It is a celebratory piece, full of life and anguish, playfulness and regret, joy and sorrow.  My heart cries for this broken family.  Here's to Luis and Michelle Rivera who continue to celebrate the life of their boy, along with his two little sisters.  May Noeh's memory never fade.  He is in a new home.  💔  -Erico


No comments:

Post a Comment