Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Floristas...

On Monday (Jan 7), I had the pleasure of meeting a great photographer, Jeannee Sacket.  (http://www.jeanneesacken.com/home/about.html).   Jeannee and I will be sharing space at The Village Church during Milwaukee's Gallery Night/Day, January 18 & 19.  Her work is a wondrous display of photographs she has taken of women from indigenous tribes in Central America.  Their stories are heart-wrenching, but filled with hope.  They challenged me.  They moved me.  They inspired me to paint the following piece.  -Erico

"Floristas"  (acrylic on canvas, 16x20")  Jan 8, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Jeannee was so pleased to learn of the origin of "Floristas" that she purchased it from me so that it will hang in her studio alongside the photos that inspired it. Thanks, Jeannee. It was great sharing the gallery space with you. -Erico

    ReplyDelete