Thursday, September 26, 2013

Abundance...

We live in a world that is, quite actually, well balanced.  We, however, cause imbalance and imperfection.  And nature instinctively seems to fight us to achieve the balance that the world craves.  It's an interesting arrangment we have with this thing called "universe" and we certainly take advantage of what our world has to offer.  But we seem to take advantage of its generosity to excess.
   My fascination with trees continues to grow.  When did this begin?  While I was landscaping my backyard with 24 trees?  Or planting all the trees in front?  Or landscaping homes of family members and friends?  Their abundance, their offerings, their integration into the world's lanscape...all of this fascinates me!  And my mind's eye wants to explore them on canvas some more.  So here are a few of my latest.    -Erico

"Tree of Plenty" (acrylic on canvas, 10"x20") Sep 2013

"Tree of One" (acrylic on canvas, 10"x20") Sep 2013

"Tree of the Golden Sun" (acrylic, 6"x8") Sep 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment