Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wood Paintings...

I find it interesting to see what a flat piece of wood can lead a person to create.  The challenge was to use something less traditional as my painting surface.  I chose several 12"x24" pieces of wood and saturated them with a variety of water colors.  In one case, I found that the watercolors effectively turned this into a surprising piece of art and created the mountain landscape seen here.
"Mountain View" (watercolor on wood, 12"x24") Nov 2013
The second piece took on something more when I began to add dabs of acrylic paint over the watercolor.  It wasn't at all what I intended to create, but became another sort of landscape, a skyline.  I can't help but ask:  Is this a city in flames, perhaps?  -Erico
"Skyline" (watercolor & acrylics on wood, 12"x24") Nov 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment