Friday, November 23, 2012

Now....Sing!

"Now...Sing!" (acrylic on canvas, 24x36") May 2012
According to R. van Vliet, abstracting from reality allows one to depart from reality by removing the depth and shapes of what is seen.  We change the colors and reduce the entire composition into a number of lines and shapes to create a new reality.  So... I imagine a choir.  I imagine tan and white faces.  I imagine blue choir robes and golden music folders.  Now... Sing!  

This piece was purchased by Charlyn Marshall, the lead singer whose stage/band name is Cat Power, while the band walked through the Grand Avenue Mall prior to a performance in Milwaukee.  I was told the piece, framed in gold, was being shipped to her home in Florida or to another home somewhere in Europe.  I wonder where it landed.  -Erico    

No comments:

Post a Comment