Tuesday, November 20, 2012





"Purple Moon" (acrylic on canvas, 12x12") Nov 2011

Sun & Moon Series 2011


   "Sun/Moon" (acrylic on canvas, 8x8")  Oct 2011

"Moon Dance" (acrylic on canvas, 8x8") Oct 2011
"Luna Verde"   (acrylic on canvas, 8x8")   Nov 2011
My obsession with the sun and the moon is evident in this series and in several other paintings.  I'm not sure what the tall tree-like figures represent, but they make me smile whenever I can create them.  The various color schemes were suggested by family and friends, often leading to some funky color combinations.  I must admit that these are among my favorite paintings, partially because they were created at the beginning of my artistic endeavors, but also because they have a quality that is "other-worldly"--something I always enjoy.  -Erico

"Moonlit Greenery"  (acrylic on canvas, 16x20")  July 2012
Growing beyond the simplicity of the cactus-like figures, the calmness, the serenity of this place calls to me and draws me in. -Erico

No comments:

Post a Comment