Friday, November 23, 2012

Nature beckons...


"Bubbles" (acrylic on canvas,  14x30") Sep 2012
"Willow" (acrylic on canvas, 14x30") Sep 2012


"Pink Forest" (acrylic on canvas, 18x24") July 2012

"Waterfall" (acrylic on canvas, 18x24") Mar 2012

Years ago, I was awarded a fellowship for a summer of study in Spanish literature at Brigham Young University.  The trails in the nearby Provo Canyon led to this waterfall, where I was able to crawl to feel the rush of the pounding waters on my back and face.  It was a moment of exhilaration that, years later(!), would inspired this painting.  -Erico

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know you were at byu! i love the site, erico....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. I went to BYU just before taking a sabbatical from MPS. Summer of 89 was a great time, studying the literature of Jorge Luis Borges and exploring a part of the country I had never before visited. I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete